Sunday 7 June 2009

Tuesday 19 May 2009 - Waynesboro, Virginia

11:30am

Today marks two months on the trail for me and I'm celebrating by spending some time in town. I got a ride to Waynesboro with a 'trail angel' that drove out especially to pick me up from the Visitor's Centre 5 miles out of town. I am camped by the river at a small area maintained by the local YMCA - it's free and since I spent so much money on my last town stop, I'm going to try to do Waynesboro cheaply.

Currently sitting in a Laundromat that looks as if it hasn't changed a thing since 1985 waiting for my clothes to wash. Next things on the agenda are eat lunch at the diner across the street, shower at the YMCA, internet at the library and eat ice cream from the grocery store. Resupply can wait until tomorrow.

Just noticed a sign on one of the washing machines that reads 'To prevent oversudsing do not use more than 1/4 cup of detergent.' Since when has 'oversudsing' been a word?

12:30pm

Just eaten an awesome lunch of roast beef with mashed potatoes and gravy. The beef also came with a choice of one additional vegetable side dish. I chose 'macaroni cheese' from the list of vegetables. Since when has pasta been considered a vegetable? Next stop, the bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment