Tuesday 9 June 2009

Tuesady 9 June 2009 - District Hotel, Washington D.C.

It's my birthday! Lisa and I are currently in our hotel room where I've just opened my presents and watched the happy birthday video that Lisa put together for me of messages from the folks back home. Having a nice relaxing time at the moment, eating excellent food (and lots of it) and seeing the sights of Washington. We are taking it easy though, as some of Lisa's cuts and bruises from the crash are quite nasty and need to be rested.

Tonight we're going to a famous Washington D.C. hot dog restaurant and then to a baseball game - quite a yankee-doodle evening. Lisa got me some tickets to see Jenny Lewis (an American singer-songwriter) on Thursday night which I'm very excited about.

P.S. On Thursday I got to Harper's Ferry, West Virginia and passed the 1,000 mile mark on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment