Tuesday 9 June 2009

Wednesday 27 May 2009 - Loft Mountain Campground (still)

Last night and particularly this morning were wonderful. Lisa and Regan arrived at the campground after 11pm and had had a torrid time driving in some awful foggy conditions. I stayed up until 2am with them and had a late dinner and a beer then I slept in Scooby (Regan's camper van) instead of in my tent. It was fantastic to see Lisa again and now I can't wait to get to Harper's Ferry to spend some more time with her. It made me feel that my shin injury was, in a way, serendipitous as although it slowed me down, it allowed me to meet up with Lisa and Regan which was a huge plus.

This morning Regan cooked pancakes for breakfast and we relaxed until just after 12pm when they hit the road. To make things even better, my shins feel great and I will be back hiking tomorrow. Have just worked out some mileages and despite the delay, I think I will be less than 50 miles short of where I had planned to be at this stage. Today the world looks a little more rosy!

No comments:

Post a Comment