Sunday 7 June 2009

Tuesday 26 May 2009 - Loft Mountain Campground

Spent the day icing my shin, writing postcards and reading the book that Spaceman gave to me at Calf Mountain shelter (a Vladimir Nabakov for anyone interested). All of the above falls into the shade compared to today's piece of wonderful fortune. Since my shin has slowed me down and meant that I am around 80 or 90 miles south of where I'd expected to be, I'm in a perfect spot to act as an overnight stop for Lisa and Regan on their roadtrip. I spoke to them this morning and we arranged that they are coming to meet me this evening at 8 or 9 (although I suspect heavy fog may slow their progress). Can't wait to see Lisa - feels like Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Feels like Christmas - your a big romantic Mr Waggott!!! Thats why we love you. Hope the shin gets better soon mate and in case you didn't see my previous post, thanks again for the postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha - knew you'd love a bit of romance. No worries on the postcard will try and send out some more when I get somewhere else interesting.

    Wag

    ReplyDelete