Sunday 7 June 2009

Monday 25 May 2009 - Loft Mountain Campground

Got back on the trail this morning to do 13 miles, but pretty quickly decided that my current course of action really isn't working. Hiking short days and trying to let my shin recover seems fine in theory, but in practice it means days full of worrying about whether the pain is getting better or worse. Hence, I've come to a campground with a store and a phone where I intend to stay until my shin gets completely better - even if it takes 5 days. Having made that decision I now feel much better and know that all I have to concentrate on is healing up.

As a huge bonus, today is the day that Lisa arrives in the U.S which is a big morale boost. On the whole I think my spirits have begun to pick up today, hopefully my shin will follow suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment