Tuesday 19 May 2009

Wednesday 13 May 2009 - Bobblets Gap Shelter

After the excellent day documentedin my last entry came another shocker. I hiked into Daleville on Monday with incredibly painful feet - they were so bad that I found it hard to stand by the end of the day. Decided to take a day off from hiking to let them recover so I treated myself to a motel room just for me (for the first time).
My feet healed pretty well and it was really nice to have some space to myself - I watched a baseball game on TV and relaxed. At the outdoor store in town I bought some new insoles and a new tent - the MSR Hubba for anyone interested (I've sent my old one home).
Hiked 18.5 miles today and the rest and the new insoles seemed to do the trick - the pain has gone away and hiking is fun again!

No comments:

Post a Comment