Tuesday 19 May 2009

Thursday 7 May 2009 - Camping

Quite a lot of time has passed since the last journal entry - since then I've been in and out of Pearisburg, VA and stumbled upon some awful weather.
Pearisburg was good - I stayed in a motel room with Truckin', Narwal and Young Gun and unexpectedly it had cable TV so I was able to watch the Manchester United vs Arsenal game in the Champions League. Although the match itself was a little disappointing, it was great to watch some football again. Also ate an incredible amount typified by my breakfast on Wednesday morning. I drank a cup of coffee and a bottle of orange juice and ate 11 croissants and a jar of jam. And I wasn't full. Crazy.
Hiked out of Pearisburg on Wednesday but the weather was awful with torrential rainstorms so I ended up calling it a day after only 7 miles. I stayed in a very crowded shelter and slept terribly between two people that were snoring (and whose faces were just six inches from mine).
Am back in my tent tonight after a much more respectable 20+ mile day. Think I have finally decided to get a new tent as my pack weight is beginning to get to me and I could shed an easy 2lb with a lighter tent (that would also be quicker to put up in the evenings). Will aim to do that in Daleville next week.
Unbelievably sleepy now so will sign off here...

No comments:

Post a Comment