Tuesday 19 May 2009

Sunday 17 May 2009 - Harper's Creek Shelter

Have had better luck with the tent since the last entry - another thunder storm last night caused me no real problems and it's wonderful to have the reduced pack weight.
Have been hiking some big days (yesterday 23 miles, today 25) and getting yet more trail magic - got some apples and muesli bars from a Canadian couple yesterday and then yet more apples and candy from Hermes' Aunt and Uncle today (as they were dropping him at the trail head). In fact I've done so well that whilst most people have to hitch into a town to resupply in the 134 mile section between Daleville and Waynesboro, I haven't needed to.
Feeling my shin a little this evening but only a day and bit to Waynesboro when I can rest it. Very excited about Lisa arriving in the States in just a weeks times.

P.S. Passed the 800 mile mark today.

No comments:

Post a Comment