Saturday 25 April 2009

Thursday 23 April 2009 - Camping (no shelter)

Hiked 21 miles today in glorious sunshine and without any pain whatsoever from my shin. Hiked with Peg and Paul all day and was really nice for a change to have some company during the day. We hiked past waterfalls and alongside Watauga lake and over its dam which made for some excellent views.

Thinking that we'll hike most of the way to Damascus tomorrow and then camp just outside town before heading in to hit the post office.

P.S. Have just noticed that I didn't mention earlier that I have now left North Carolina for the final time and am now in Tennessee. I also passed the 400 mile mark on Tuesday.

5 comments:

  1. you online now... have you got skype available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahoy there Richy Wagman,

    Although we're only now officially following you we have been keeping track of your adventures from the start.

    We're rooting for you down under coz.

    May your chin remain up and your shin stay strong.

    All the best
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya hon,

    Good work on the blog-keeping - it's keeping me entertained at work as my caseload gets smaller and smaller! Was good to put faces to the names of the other thru-hikers you've been telling me about, they sound like a nice bunch.

    Showed a few people round the house last night and offered one of them my room, so hopefully that's one more thing I can tick off my to do list. She said she'd let us know tomorrow, will keep you posted...

    Looking forward to hearing from you again, talk soon!

    L xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on hitting the 400 mile mark mate. Thats some achievment in itself. Good story about the girl having the nightmare (not for her of course). Hello! Hello! I would have totally freaked out. I would have been out of my sleeping bag faster than lightning. Went to the Newcastle game with the two Dans yesterday, 0-0 draw with Portsmouth. It's not looking at all good, but it's not over until the fat lady sings - or the fat man in Mark Vidukas case!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rich

    Am now officially following you too - you've even made it to my favourites!

    Sounds amazing. We managed a 3 mile walk with Scarlet in the Dales last weekend. Just a few more miles til we catch you up!

    Keep up the good work and take it all in. Will let the rest of the Miller crew know about this blog.

    Sarah
    xxx

    ReplyDelete