Saturday 11 April 2009

Monday 30 March 2009 - Cold Spring Mountain Shelter

Left Franklin today on the yellow school bus that (ex pro wrestler) Ron Haven uses to drive people out to the trail. The sun shone all day long and I hiked 15.8 miles. As I was eating dinner (chicken flavour noodles) the sun was setting over the valley which my campsite looks out on - it was truly beautiful.

We've talked a lot in the past few days about success and failure and what might prevent us from making it to Kathadin and I was talking to OB about it today. As Miss Janet pointed out, the chances of making it are less than 10% which was a sobering thought. Just gonna keep doing what I'm doing and hope things go my way.

Was very annoyed to realise that I've left my penknife behind in Franklin so will need to get a new one at the Nantahala Outdoor Centre tomorrow. Also had some trouble bear bagging tonight so hopefully my food will still be there in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment