Saturday 25 April 2009

Saturday 18 April 2009 - Cherry Gap Shelter

Lying in my tent and just I started writing an owl began to hoot - that's going to be irritating this evening...
Today was a good day - although the hiking was tough due to lots of uphill and hot temperatures I had a real boost from talking to Mum and Dad (and Simon and Sam) and particularly Lisa as it was her birthday. I spent yesterday taking a day off in Erwin, TN which allowed me to resupply (I've gone over the top and am carrying way too much food) and fill my face. I ate (all you can eat) KFC buffet on Thursday night, 4 double cheeseburgers and a milkshake for lunch on Friday and then a large pepperoni pizza for dinner. I ate so much at KFC that I thought I'd done myself a permanent mischief, but it's all a necessary evil - it's about getting the calories in when you can. My energy levels felt good today as a result.

Going to try to get back into the habit of sleeping in my tent as although it's less convenient, it's far more comfortable and relaxing.

Feeling very tired, hope that owl has taken a break...

1 comment:

  1. It looks like the road to Damascus has been a fun one...

    Sounds like you are having an amazing time... congratulations on hitting the one month barrier. I've got to admit though some of the eating antics sound more impressive than the walking (in my eyes anyway). Do normal civilians actually do the all you can eat KFC thing? If they do then that's a quick route to the sweet peace of the grave!! I was actually watching a program the other night about the worlds fattest man, and he was from mexico, and so big that he had to get transported around on a steel framed bed on the back of a flat bed truck - disaster struck when the truck went under a bridge too low for the bed..... it was a mess, but after a couple of burritos he was OK! God bless channel 5!

    Sarah and I went to see Ross Noble in Nottingham last night, and he was hilarious, talks utter bollocks, but hilarious and very clever.

    ...anyway lots of people are follwing your blog even though there are only 5 official follows; it would be nice if a few more people became followers so you can see how far and wide the people who are cheering you on stretch.

    Anyway... all the best on the trail... keep up the good work, and get some more pics on flickr.

    PS What is the tune that you hum to yourself the most while you're walking?

    Oh yeah, and Sarah says hi too, although I'm going to force her to become a follower right now!!

    Love big bruv.

    ReplyDelete