Saturday 25 April 2009

Sunday 12 April 2009 - Spring Mountain Shelter

Back on the trail today after two days of relaxing in Hot Springs, NC. Stayed at Elmer's, an amazinplace where I slept in a huge double bed for $20 a night. They also prepared amazing breakfasts and dinners so I'm well fed.

Had a beautiful day today as I walked out by the French Broad river out of town and then up into the hill above - got some great views from a fire tower too. Lying in my tent at the moment writing this and I can hear the wind picking up - rain is predicted overnight and into tomorrow - hopefully it's not too nasty. Going to be taking my time for the next few days to make sure that I'm in Erwin on Lisa's birthday to give her a call - tomorrow and the next day are still 15 miles though.

Just been stood around the campfire with some local Tennessee folk explaining who's next in line to the British throne and whether it's possible to do a hike from castle to castle in the UK...

No comments:

Post a Comment