Thursday 10 September 2009

Friday 31 July 2009 – Beaver Brook Shelter

Have been back on the trail now for three days after seeing Lisa and am well back into the A.T. life. The break was fantastic though – it was wonderful to see Lisa and we had a great time exploring Burlington and northern Vermont as well as gorging ourselves at the Ben & Jerry’s factory. It was very hard to say goodbye, but I am glad that the next time that I see her, I won’t have to disappear into the woods again.The days on the trail since getting back on have been a little more interesting than usual. There has been an awful lot of rain, which has meant that rivers that would usually be easily fordable have been a little more challenging – on more than one occasion I’ve had water up to my thighs. Today I climbed Mount Moosilauke the first of the White Mountains of New Hampshire, supposedly the toughest part of the trail. The next few days should be very interesting…

No comments:

Post a Comment