Thursday 10 September 2009

Tuesday 6 August 2009 – Gorham, New Hampshire

Am more or less done with the Whites now – they were very tough indeed. All of the downhills made my knees (and everybody elses) really ache. However we were fortunate enough to have a beautiful day on Mt Washington and some incredible views (apart from the crowded summit complete with car park and snack bar). My feelings towards the hut system softened a little as I moved through them – some of the staff were really friendly and we had some good times. I was even asked to give a presentation to a group of boy scouts on my thru-hiking experience as my work for stay at one hut. My favourite question in the Q&A afterwards was a little boy who asked ‘what do you get more of: up-hills or down-hills?’ Ermm….
Am staying tonight in a motel with Wags, Gangsta, Plunger and Mr Right – it’s been fun travelling with them for the past few days. Still have some very tough terrain to come across the border in southern Maine, but I’m slowly getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment