Friday 24 July 2009

Wednesday 22 July 2009 - Thistle Hill Shelter

I caught up with David and Rolling Stone a couple of days ago having not seen them since before my break in Washington D.C. I hiked with them for a few days which included a stay at the 'Inn at the Long Trail' for a few beers. Since we are in the heart of ski country in Vermont, we visited one of the ski resorts to ride the alpine slide which they have open in the summertime. It was like a bobsleigh track that you ride on a wheeled sled. It was fun, but I couldn't help worrying about falling out and injuring myself.
I have just 15 miles to go now until Hanover where I will meet Lisa on Friday. It will be fantastic to see her and will also be good to rest for a few days as my body has taken some punishment recently. In the 39 days since getting back on the trail after D.C. I've hiked more than 700 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment