Monday 13 July 2009

Saturday 11 July 2009 - Camping (no shelter)

Am camped alone for the first time in a long time this evening as Greenlite, the guy that I have been hiking with for the past couple of days, still had some miles in his legs when I decided to call it a day. Have camped in some strange places the last two nights - yesterday we were on some waste ground behind a garden centre and the evening before that we were in the woods behind an old people's home. Was good though as it allowed us to do exactly the mileages that we wanted.
Went for my first swim on the trail today. We came to a lake that was too good to pass up. It felt incredible to be in the cool water and swim around. Unfortunately this evenings tent spot isn't quite so pleasant - it seems to be mosquito central. I'm just thankful that they can't get through my tent's bug net.
Am piling on the mile and I passed the 1,500 mile mark yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment