Wednesday 25 March 2009

Tuesday 24 March 2009 - Tray Mountain Shelter

Had my first genuine low yesterday, but hiked with a girl called Wendy for a little while and it helped to have some human contact and conversation to keep me occupied.

Much better day today as I hiked around 15 miles and gained around 4000 feet of elevation. Experienced trail magic (when people turn up to give food and drinks to hikers) for the first time today (in the form of iced tea and spaghetti bolognese) at just the right point and came into a shelter just as I was feeling ready to drop.

Hiked with Patrick for most of the day and we dragged each other up some pretty big hills.Am camped out tonight with three of the people I started the hike with - Kelly, Ian and Anita. Hitting Hiawassee tomorrow -I need food!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome..... What food are you craving then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been thinking a lot about baltis and Sunday dinners - but had some beers and pizza yesterday which went down a storm.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete